Saturday, May 14, 2011

Senior Portraits in Reno.

I have never met Casey before this shoot. It all started when I was called up about two and a half weeks ago to come out to Reno and photograph two Seniors who would be graduating this June. One of them was a friend of the family and the other was her boyfriend. I gladly accepted! I have been waiting to get some more portraits booked and was so happy to see that things were in bloom. I didn't know what to expect foliage wise, but I am more than happy with the results. I love Spring!

So, this was the first time I'd met Casey. He was such a pleasure to shoot with his easygoing attitude. He was willing to do just about whatever it took to get the shot and was the master of going from a smile to a straight face! I swear he practiced in the mirror. Casey is a 2011 graduating Senior from Spanish Springs High School and is planning to attend UNR in the fall where he will study Business. Like I mentioned above, I had two sessions. Casey wasn't alone on this photo shoot... he had his girlfriend there too. She's been a friend of my family for phew... since I was little. I did gymnastics with her sister and can't believe how much she's grown up! I was so thrilled to work with them.




This is Jaimee. It's hard to believe that just two days before, she literally went face to face with a diving board. When I was about to board my plane, I get a call. I was so worried that they had canceled and I was about to make a trip for nothing, but instead I got a panic called about how she was on her way to the ER with what they think was a broken jaw and nose with some road burn up her face. I felt horrible! At least she'd have memorable photos and look back and laugh one day, but it ended up that she didn't break a thing! She did have a tiny scratch running down her nose, but no raccoon eyes! Phew! Here are some additional images from her session. Isn't she gorgeous?!



I love details and I wanted to do more of them, however this was the only one I did. I like the outcome... it's not traditional senior portraits, but I love it.

My trip to Reno was full of laughs. I had three great sessions which consisted of two senior portraits (those feature above) and baby Cort (who I will blog about next). I had one other shoot planned... a maternity shoot with a good friend. This session ended up being canceled due to her going into labor! I had to fly back home and just after I arrived in Denver she ended up having baby Emma. I'm bummed I didn't get to meet her, but look forward to seeing here in about 3 weeks when I return to Reno!

Congratulations & Good Luck to Jaimee & Casey!

Be sure to check out my fanpage on facebook for more images, slideshows, events, and specials.

Next up: Baby Cort!

No comments:

Post a Comment