Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BNC Student Company.

It takes me 45 minutes with no traffic to make it from my place to Ballet Nouveau Colorado (BNC). Last Wednesday I left my house at 4:15 pm to give my self plenty of time to make it there, drag the equipment in, and to begin setting up at 5:30. I had an hour to set up before I began photographing the dancers. After some traffic and road construction I finally arrived at BNC at precisely 5:30pm. I walked in, greeted Ashley (the one I've been in contact and working with since February), and began to drag things in with the help of the fabulous Ashley.

After the set up was complete, all I had to do was wait for the school director, Julia, and the dancers to arrive. We started right on time and got straight to the point. The dancers' were on their best behavior and had enough discipline that when Julia said do this, they did. And not to mention... all with in the first 5 frames! They were so fabulous to work with. It made my job such a breeze.

I've watched a few of these select dancers from the Student Company dance during class before and they never disappoint. I am always blown away by their skills, grace, and ease in which they moved. It was such a pleasure to work with them and to capture just a small glimpse of what they really can do. Below is a slideshow with the final edits from the shoot with the Student Company. I think they did a wonderful job and love the outcome of the shoot.

This is the BNC building.


This is as I was setting up... I wanted to show you what I had to work with. Huge studio space, great lighting, and lots of room made this an easy space to photograph in.




Coming soon... New Business cards & Project Studio!
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment