Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rocky Mountain Open 2011

This past weekend I attended the 2011 Rocky Mountain Open held at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. The Rocky Mountain Open is a gymnastics meet held at the beginning of the year (January 15). For many, it's the start of the new season and for me, it's the start of my brothers second year at the University of Oklahoma (Team OU/Boomer Sooner).

It began at 6pm on a chilly Saturday night, however the gym in which they competed was NOT so chilly... it was actually quite warm! I feel like I was the one doing all the working out! It was a great competition and this year the Olympic Training Center (OTC) was allowed to compete against the NCAA teams and have their scores counted. Most years, they're not allowed to be counted towards team scores, but this year it was on.

It was a battle between OU and the OTC for a majority of the night, but the OTC ended up winning first place team, but my brother was able to capture the first place all around followed by a few members at the OTC. It was a great way to start the new season, but it also showed us that there's a lot to do from here and how they will work to continue getting better through out the season. I saw a lot of new tricks and am excited to see how they will in time, become perfected in this years routines!

Here are a few of the shots from this past weekend... I only photographed two guys this time around, but I'll be attending many more meets, so stay tuned to learn more about team OU!

This is my brother Jake.





This is Troy, his roommate and teammate at OU.





And this is a new product I'm finally ready to offer... PHOTO MONTAGES! Prices for a custom montage start at just $99!
Another photo montage is in the works! I'll be sure to publish it when it's completed :) I thank you all for your support and I look forward to this year! It's already off to a great start!

- Jessi

Up next... Valentines Pin Ups, Gymnastics Nevada Challenge from Reno, NV, and Winter Cup Challenge from Las Vegas, NV!

No comments:

Post a Comment