Saturday, May 28, 2011

2011 Colorado State Track & Field Championships.

A week ago I had the pleasure of working with Jason Powers and Barry Wallace at this years Track & Field Championships on May 19-21st in Lakewood, CO. I was able to work both as a photographer and at the booth selling images to the loads of clients that continually came through. I don't think I've been to an event where there was this much of an interest in the event photography. It was amazing. It's also great to see a striving sports business in this economy.

Until this moment, I didn't have the chance to photograph Track & Field and was so excited to get this opportunity. I was stationed mostly on shot put, long jump, and triple jump, but at one point the meet was between flights/heats, and it left me amazed at the other events going on around me so I captured a few of the high jump and track. It was a great experience and look forward to more of these events... maybe this time not in the rain. Yes, I was a shooter on Thursday and we got rained on. Thank goodness for my cheap rain gear and a bit of luck haha It did make some cool gray backgrounds though!

I can't believe high jumpers... I am constantly amazed at how they can use the pole and how far it bends without breaking and on top of it making it over the top bar. Sheesh. Talent.




It's funny see the faces of athletes. It's something we constantly joke about (but understand it happens) in gymnastics, but it was funny to hear the girls and some of the boys complain about their faces. Well, this isn't your Senior Portrait... this is you pushing the limits of human capability and yeah, you're probably going to make a funny face. I wish I would have had an opportunity to get some of these photos of me, but until recently, photography and gymnastics (especially at high school level) you don't' get the chance to get.



And triple jump... My uncle once tried to teach me the three jump/skip/hurdle ... yeah, wasn't able to catch on that. Again... these guys are talented. Sometimes it makes me wish I would have attempted other sports, but the passion I had (still have) for gymnastics, took over. At least now I'm able to experience the other sports.








Stay tuned! More images from BNC's Student Company and information about becoming a 2012 Senior Rep for Jessi Dalton Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment